I suggest you ...

Allow to filter errors by custom _errs.meta properties

It would be great to be able to filter by custom error properties passed to the _errs.meta hash.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gregor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • winner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a very similar situation... sometimes one user produces a ton of errors, and I make use of the meta properties to include their user_id and some other basic info. Would be great to be able to filter out or limit by this

• Gregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case is also finding errors by user_id, but also by app version. My app works offline, and even if I deploy a new version that resolved a bug, errors may still occur with the old versions before the user's browser update to the latest version. A common workflow for me is to go trough all errors one-by-one and check the version number. If it's not the latest, I close it right away.

Having a filter would be tremendously helpful. I understand this would require more complex data indexing, I'd upgrade to a higher plan for that feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My users say they have a problem. I want to know if it's due to a JS-error. I've used _meta to add user-id to all errors. If I could only filter my errors on this value, it could really help my users, and I wont have to explain to them anymore how to open the error console.

Feedback and Knowledge Base