I suggest you ...

Buffer the post requests

Please buffer the post requests. When a plugin is misbehaving, it can create really bad UX for the users, as it can keep throwing errors.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniel Ribeiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminRakesh Pai (Founder, Errorception) responded  · 

Post requests are already buffered. They only happen in windows of 200ms. This means that any all recurring errors within the same call stack, and all errors that happen within a small window of time are all buffered up into one POST request.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminRakesh Pai (Founder, Errorception) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you point me to a link where I can see this? If you want, we can continue this conversation over email: I'm rakeshpai@errorception.com.

I want to see if I can replicate this issue and find a fix accordingly. I can of course increase the buffer window to more than 200ms, but it would also mean that if the user navigates away from the page in that time window, such errors won't be recorded.

Also, the script only makes these posts if it found errors. This means that the page does indeed cause frequent errors (which could be because of a plugin), and that it is yet yeilding to the event loop to allow the POST to happen. That's, well, interesting behavior.

• Daniel Ribeiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been having customers complaints from erroception on our prod app:

"I noticed that your UI is making a TON of requests to https://errorception.com/projects/*recacted*/err. Like 1 every second, and it is *really* causing performance issues trying to use the site.

Each of those requests is returning:
    <script>if(window.console&&console.log) console.log('Posted 0 errors to errorception.com');</script>"

Feedback and Knowledge Base