I suggest you ...

provide more options for frequency of email notifications

a daily report is too infrequent for our needs. if something in our application fails, I would like to know about it far sooner. I would like to be able to change the frequency of the notification emails (to every hour - or perhaps even more frequently).

I would also like to be able to have the email sent even if no new errors occurred. with the current implementation, I can't know for sure that there weren't errors (perhaps the email got junked/lost/wasn't sent due to a failure with errorception), so I have to login to check anyway. I would like the certainty of an email telling me that no new errors occurred in the time period.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Brunton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I'd like it be a real SAAS approach. I don't want to have to deal with an API just for it.

• Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also can't use errorception because one of my first needs is to be warn about any error on live.

• Marc Beaupré commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like an email as soon as the erorr happens. 1 minute is too long for users to wait for a real issue to get fixed IMHO.

• John Brunton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, if the API made this info available, then that would definitely help us meet our needs.

Thanks,
    John

• AdminRakesh Pai (Founder, Errorception) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

John,

I hear you, but what you are asking for is maybe too specific to your usage. What I can do instead is provide you with an API to query so that you can get exactly the information you want, and then maybe integrate it with your in-house monitoring/alerting system. What do you think?

Feedback and Knowledge Base