I suggest you ...

Script domain whitelist

On sites that use lots of 3rd party javascript the ignored scripts list may get very large. It would be useful to have the inverse of this list, where one could specify only tracking errors in local javascript and scripts hosted on whitelisted domains (the site itself, its CDN, the Google jsapi etc.)

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jbyers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need whitelist too,
    that's because our scripts will be embeded inside customers website, but we need to catch OUR errors, not the other. Some news after a years?

thanks.

• AdminRakesh Pai (Founder, Errorception) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for the confusion, Ian. You are using the setting correctly.

There's a whitelist for domains, which is the "Allowed domains" list.
    Then, there's a blacklist for scripts, which is the "Ignored scripts" list.

There isn't a backlist for domains, or a whitelist for scripts. This still needs to be implemented.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then what does this section in Settings / Posting Errors do? I thought it was the whitelist, maybe I'm using it wrong..

Allowed domains
    If you specify a list of allowed domains, only errors from those domains will be recorded, and the rest will be ignored. For example, if your site is hosted on http://www.example.com/, and if you specify www.example.com below, errors from, say, http://localhost/ will not be recorded.
    Errors posted from domains that are not on this list will not be recorded, and will not count against your rate limit.

• AdminRakesh Pai (Founder, Errorception) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This hasn't been implemented yet. There's a blacklist, but no whitelist. I'm going to have to leave this open, so that I know I have to address it.

Better posting control is definitely on my todo. I'll keep you updated. Thanks.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way, this was implemented and I've been using it for a while. Can we close this item out then?

• Chris Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what I was coming on to post. Numerous extensions, bookmarklets, etc also have a habit of injecting bad code into pages, which I don't care about, so a whitelist would be much more manageable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base