Suggestions and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Event Tracking

We use minified JavaScript code for production (Sencha Touch), so the error line number is almost always useless for debugging. It is a single page application built upon events. Google Analytics has a nice way to specify an action for the Event Tracking with optional label.

It would be great to have support of adding custom information to the error report, like which function did it occur in, or what page state it was happening. Of course, this would probably mean to use some kind of API for errorception to support this kind of information, but it is worth it…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. provide more options for frequency of email notifications

a daily report is too infrequent for our needs. if something in our application fails, I would like to know about it far sooner. I would like to be able to change the frequency of the notification emails (to every hour - or perhaps even more frequently).

I would also like to be able to have the email sent even if no new errors occurred. with the current implementation, I can't know for sure that there weren't errors (perhaps the email got junked/lost/wasn't sent due to a failure with errorception), so I have to login to check anyway. I would…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide a free text filter field

It would be especially handy if I could specify the fields to search. For example, I'd like to be able to filter all errors with "missing translation key" in the message for i18n purposes; but I'd also like to be able to search all errors on a specific page.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide automatic guidance for fixing errors

This could range from incredibly simple (eg. auto-populate a google search with the error string) to something more complex eventually.

Having something like this would expand errorception from something that simply reports errors to something that aids in fixing them, even if that's to provide an improved workflow for searching about the error.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show an example of the integration of your FAQ

Perhaps a minor point, but it's pretty common to see an example of the integration (eg. the javascript snippet) listed somewhere on the public product page for a service such as this; would you consider adding something like this to your FAQ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show the occurrences of errors based on the search criteria and not per week

When selecting a date from the left (i.e. yesterday - today) I expect to see the number of occurrences the errors in this timeframe. I would also like to be able to sort by frequency to see the most frequent errors in this time frame.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Script domain whitelist

On sites that use lots of 3rd party javascript the ignored scripts list may get very large. It would be useful to have the inverse of this list, where one could specify only tracking errors in local javascript and scripts hosted on whitelisted domains (the site itself, its CDN, the Google jsapi etc.)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display the date an error first started to appear

Right now the error list shows "last seen" but not "first seen". This would help identify errors that have been introduced with a new deploy.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically mute a certain browser

For instance, if I don't support IE6, I'd rather not even see those errors.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tag urls to create automated error classifications

can I tag errors to types depending on page url. Since page url acts as the main context reference for an error, why cant I tag urls and use

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions and Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base